Amtrak® #388 Ph III
From the daily commute to cross-continent travel, the F40PH became the face and power of North America's passenger trains from the late 1970s to the early 1990s. Lionel is proud to bring you this reliable work horse with all of the operating features you love, new tooling and many roadname and even road-number specific details to capture the unique features of the prototypes.
Official licensed product of Amtrak®. Amtrak is a registered service mark of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.
- LEGACY® Control System- equipped - able to run in LEGACY™ Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey® II Speed Control with On/Off switch
- LEGACY RailSounds® sound system featuring:
- IR Transmitter for SensorTrack™
- Dual powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- ElectroCoupler™ on front and rear
- Traction tires
- Refined Conventional transformer Control Mode with lower starting speeds
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Directional lighting including LED headlights
- Marker lights on front and rear
- Illuminated number boards
- Lighted cab interior
- Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
- Metal frame
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Engineer and conductor figures
Amtrak units feature roadnumber specific detailing including:
- Phase I and II F40PH details including correct fuel tank arrangement and radiator fans
- Correct lighting features and arrangements
- Horn, antenna, windshield screens and other details
- All matched to prototype photos for the individual locomotive.
- Self-centering Pilots for increased realism on curves
Phase III Specific Features:
- Forward mounted fuel tank
- Dynamic brakes
- "Q" Fans
- Oscillating ditch lights, working strobe and marker lights.
- Rail Line: Amtrak
- Road Number: 388
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Scale Type: Scale
- Engine Type: Diesel
- Min Curve: O54
- Dimensions: 14 3/4" long
- Most Recent Catalog: 2016 Lionel Signature Edition
Our pricing is in CANADIAN dollars. Please take that into account if you are comparing products from other websites that may be based in the USA and displaying US dollars. If you do the math you will find that our pricing is competitive. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss.